Blueberry season is upon us and is one of our favorite fruits! Our family just loves organic blueberries and cannot wait for summer to arrive so that we can pick them out of our own yard. We will admit, growing organic blueberries takes a little more effort than growing organic strawberries. The PH level has to be just right or your blueberry bushes will not grow, nor will they produce any berries. We are especially excited this season as we are harvesting the largest crop ever!
We of course would like to sit down and eat all of the fresh blueberries in one sitting, but that would be a silly; so we’re incorporating them into some of our favorite recipes!
We have made quite a few blueberry muffin recipes in the past, but it was worth it to finally bake the very ‘Best’ blueberry muffin ever!
- 2 C Organic Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 2 Large Organic Cage Free Eggs
- 2 tsp Organic Baking Powder (Frontier Co-op)
- 1/2 C Organic Raw Butter
- 2 1/4 C Organic Blueberries
- 1 1/2 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract (Simply Organic)
- 1/2 C Organic Raw Milk
- 1/4 tsp Organic Almond Extract
- 3/4 C Organic Coconut Sugar (Madhava Sweet)
- Preheat Oven to 375*. Line muffin tin with 12 recycled, unbleached muffin papers
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt
- In a medium size bowl, beat butter and sugar for approximately 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl.
- Beat in the vanilla and almond extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture alternating with the milk on low speed
- Add the blueberries to the mixture and gently fold in with a spatula being careful not to overmix
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups filling to the top.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes until lightly golden and a cake tester comes out clean.
Our daughter’s had so much fun creating this recipe with us and thought that these muffins were the best ever! Treat your family to this delicious and healthy recipe, they will be begging for more!
Please leave us a comment on our Facebook page letting us know how your family liked this recipe: www.facebook.com/ourorganichome
To receive our Organic Recipes and Organic Living Tips, sign up for our newsletter: