Our daughter’s love trying out new organic pancake recipes! As many of you know from some of our previous posts, our family has a tradition of eating organic homemade waffles every Sunday morning that we are at our cabin. We have a tradition of eating homemade organic pancakes on Saturday mornings when we are home. We decided that we would mix things up and make pancakes during the week. We have been wanting to experiment with using oat flour, so this was the perfect test recipe!
- 2 C Organic Old Fashioned Rolled Oats
- 1/2 C Organic Raw Walnuts
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 Organic Free Range Egg
- 1 TBSP Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil, melted (we like Nutiva)
- 1 tsp Organic Cinnamon (We like Simply Organic)
- 1 1/3 C Filtered Water
- 1 tsp Organic Vanilla (we like Simply Organic)
- 5 C Organic Mixed Berries
- Place oats, walnuts, salt, and cinnamon in your Vitamix or food processor, pulse until finely ground
- Add egg, oil, water, and vanilla; pulse until well blended
- Heat medium skillet, over medium heat
- Spoon 1/4 C batter into skillet for each pancake; cook for 1 to 2 minutes
- Flip with spatula; cook another 30 seconds
- Repeat with remaining batter
- Serve pancakes topped with organic berries
As you can see, this is a very easy recipe. If your family is a lover of pancakes like ours, they will devour these pancakes!
Please leave us a comment on our Facebook page letting us know how your family liked this recipe: www.facebook.com/ourorganichome
To receive our Organic Recipes and Organic Living Tips, sign up for our newsletter:
With love from our family to yours,
Rod and Maria Wagner
**Our Organic Home does not claim to be medical professionals; statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not meant to be an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. When you have specific questions about a medical matter you must consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. You should not delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment as a result of reading any information in this website.