Growing up, you always knew when it was Girl Scout Cookie time. Everywhere you went, whether it was school, the park, or a friend’s house, they had their favorite girl scout cookies in hand.
As a kid, unless you have a serious food allergy, you didn’t pay attention to all of the ingredients in the foods you were consuming. It didn’t take us long to realize what kind of synthetic ingredients were added to conventional foods, including girl scout cookies.
From time to time, when we are at events, our daughters will come in contact with foods that we do not allow in our home. It’s cute, because they will not ask to eat one at the event, instead they ask if we can re-create the organic healthy version. Of course, when we get home, we start to come up with an organic recipe to replace the processed version.
We think you will be quite satisfied with our organic paleo version!
Organic Paleo Thin Mints
- 1 C + 1 TBSP Organic Blanched Almond Flour
- 1 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract (we like Simply Organic)
- 1/3 C Organic Raw Cacao Powder
- 2 TBSP Organic Pure Maple Syrup
- 1 TBSP Organic Tapioca
- 1/4 C + 1 TBSP Organic Raw Butter or Organic Vegan Spread
- 2 Drops YL Peppermint Essential Oil
- Dash of Pink Himalayan Salt
- 2 Drops of YL Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1/2 C Organic Extra Dark Chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350*
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients; roll into a ball
- Wrap dough in parchment paper and chill for 45 minutes
- Remove dough and place onto a new piece of parchment paper
- Place a second sheet of parchment paper over dough
- Using a rolling pin, flatten the dough to 1/4 inch
- Use a cookie cutter to shape cookies
- Gently lift cookies with a spatula and place onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake for approximately 15 minutes until crisp
- When cooled, melt the chocolate and stir in the peppermint essential oil
- Dip cookies into melted chocolate and let cool in refrigerator
We recommend ONLY using Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil for this recipe.
We hope you will enjoy our healthy organic paleo thin mints recipe! Please leave us a comment on our Facebook page letting us know how you liked it: www.facebook.com/ourorganichome
You can purchase your Young Living Essential Oils here: www.youngliving.org/rodmariawagner
To receive our Organic Recipes and Organic Living Tips, sign up for our newsletter:
With love from our family to yours,
Rod and Maria Wagner
**Our Organic Home does not claim to be medical professionals; statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not meant to be an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. When you have specific questions about a medical matter you must consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. You should not delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment as a result of reading any information in this website.
Recipe adapted from Lexiscleankitchen