After spending all day outside yesterday in the hot sun, we weren’t complaining about staying indoors today during an all day rain. What better thing to do when you’re stuck inside then cook! We love, love, love this time of year because of all the wonderful organic fruits and vegetables that we harvest from our property.
Today, we wanted to share a quick and simple light summer recipe with you. Instead of using organic sprouted whole wheat pasta, we substituted organic zucchini noodles to make this an even lighter summer dish. Once you try organic zucchini noodles, you may never switch back to organic whole wheat pasta.
Organic Creamy Pesto Pasta
- 3 Medium Organic Zucchini’s, shredded into noodles with a mandolin or veggie peeler.
- 1 C Organic Cherry Tomatoes, sliced in half or quartered
- 1 TBSP Organic Olive Oil
Organic Pesto Ingredients:
- 1 TBSP Organic Olive Oil
- 1 C Organic Spinach
- 1/3 C Organic Walnuts
- 1 Organic Avocado
- Zest of 1 Organic Lemon
- 1 C Organic Basil
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp Organic Black Pepper
- 1/4 C Organic Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Drops YL Basil Essential Oil
- 2 Drops YL Lemon Essential Oil
- In a medium size saute pan, heat 1 TBSP olive oil, add the zucchini.
- Toss gently for approximately 5 minutes, be careful to not overcook; set aside.
- In your Vitamix or high speed blender combine all pesto ingredients and blend until smooth. You may need to adjust seasonings according to your own taste.
- Return zucchini noodles to pan, add in pesto. Note: We always start by adding a little at a time until completely coated and then place the remainder on the table to be added individually.
- Add cherry tomatoes and toss lightly until coated.
We recommend ONLY using Young Living Peppermint Essential Oil for this recipe.
We hope you and your loved ones will love this recipe as much as our family does! It is light and refreshing especially on those hot summer days. Please leave us a comment on our Facebook page letting us know how you liked it: www.facebook.com/ourorganichome
You can purchase your Young Living Essential Oils here: www.youngliving.org/rodmariawagner
To receive our Organic Recipes and Organic Living Tips, sign up for our newsletter:
With love from our family to yours,
Rod and Maria Wagner
**Our Organic Home does not claim to be medical professionals; statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not meant to be an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. When you have specific questions about a medical matter you must consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. You should not delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment as a result of reading any information in this website.