Since it’s Pie Day, we thought we would share a delicious dessert with you!
Our family loves everything blueberry, so we thought this pie recipe was perfect!
Organic Blueberry Yogurt Pie:
For the granola crust:
1 1/2 cups plain Homemade Organic granola or plain Organic Granola
1/4 cup Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Fair Trade Cane Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Simply Organic ground cinnamon
4 tablespoons (2 ounces) Raw Organic Grassfed unsalted butter, melted.
For the yogurt filling:
1 cup plain Stonyfield Organic Greek yogurt, full fat
8 ounces Organic Valley full fat cream cheese, at room temperature
3 tablespoons Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Fair Trade Cane Sugar
1 teaspoon Simply Organic vanilla extract
For the blueberry topping:
5 ounces (1 cup) Organic blueberries, rinsed and patted dry
Organic Raw Honey
Make the granola crust:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C).
2. In a food processor, pulse 1 cup granola with the sugar and cinnamon, if using, until fine crumbs form. Drizzle in the butter and process until combined. Add the remaining 1/2 cup granola and pulse just until combined but still crumbly.
3. Transfer the mixture to a 9-inch pie plate and press it evenly onto the bottom and all the way up the sides. Refrigerate until firm, about 15 minutes. Bake until the crust is golden and fragrant, about 10 minutes. Transfer the pie plate to a wire rack to cool completely while you make the filling.
4. With an electric mixer on medium-low speed, beat the cream cheese until very smooth. Add the sugar and vanilla and beat until smooth. Reduce the speed to low, add the yogurt, and beat until smooth.
5. Pour the filling into the cooled crust, cover loosely, and refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours or up to 1 day.
Assemble the blueberry topping:
6. Just before serving, scatter the blueberries over the yogurt filling. Drizzle with the honey or pass the honey on the side for guests to drizzle, dribble, or otherwise decorate their slice of pie themselves.
With love from our family to yours,
Rod and Maria Wagner
Recipe adapted from Martha Stewart