We have a family tradition of making homemade organic waffles whenever we are at our cabin. Our two daughter’s love helping in the kitchen. It is so fun to see the excitement on their faces when the meal they helped to prepare is ready to eat!
This recipe is our all-time favorite waffle recipe and the only one we use! These waffles are light and fluff and also are free of refined sugar and flour! Who doesn’t love a healthy waffle??!!
Our waffle recipe is perfect for those of you that follow a clean eating plan! We personally follow the portion sizes from the 21 Day Fix Extreme workout and eating plan; these waffles count as ‘1 Yellow and 1 tsp’.
- 1 1/2 C Whole Wheat Flour (We grind our own whole wheat flour from Organic Sprouted Whole Wheat Berries)
- 2 Large Free Range Organic Eggs
- 1 TBSP Organic Raw Honey (We use Y.S. Bees Organic Raw Honey)
- 1/4 C Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil (melted)
- 1/2 tsp Organic Ground Cinnamon (we use Simply Organic)
- 2 tsp Aluminum Free Organic Baking Powder (we use Frontier Organic)
- 1 3/4 C Organic Raw Milk
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda (we use Frontier)
- 1/8 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- Organic Maple Syrup
- Preheat Waffle Iron
- Combine all dry ingredients into glass bowl. Set aside.
- Combine eggs, milk, cinnamon, coconut oil, and honey. Whisk together.
- Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and slowly add the wet ingredients, whisking until the large lumps disappear. Small lumps will remain in the batter.
- Ladle or pour batter into waffle iron and cook according to your waffle iron directions.
- Keep waffles warm until ready to serve.
- Garnish with fresh organic fruit and organic maple syrup.
As you can see, this is a easy and fun waffle recipe to share with your family and friends.
We hope you and your family will start a new weekend breakfast tradition and enjoy this recipe as much as our family does! Please leave us a comment on our Facebook page letting us know how you liked it: www.facebook.com/ourorganichome
To receive our Organic Recipes and Organic Living Tips, sign up for our newsletter: