Ketchup is one of the most used condiments, especially amongst children. If you have read any of the ingredient labels of store bought ketchup, you know that most of them include: high fructose corn syrup, conventional tomatoes that have been grown with chemicals, and packed in non-BPA cans.
Fortunately, we have a very easy recipe to share with you to make your own organic ketchup in just minutes.
- 3 – 6 oz BPA-free cans or jars of Organic Tomato Paste
- ½ C Organic raw apple cider vinegar (We use Bragg’s)
- 1 tsp Organic garlic powder (We use Simply Organic)
- 1 TBSP Organic onion powder (We use Simply Organic)
- 2 TBSP Organic raw honey (We use Y.S. Organic Bees Raw Honey)
- 2 TBSP Organic molasses
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp Organic Dijon mustard
- A pinch of each of the following: Organic Cinnamon, Organic All-Purpose Seasoning, Organic cayenne
- 1 C filtered water
- 1 tsp Organic chia seeds (ground into powder) for thickness.
- Put the ingredients in Vitamix or food processor and blend well. Put in fridge to let flavors meld overnight or at least two hours.
- If we are canning our homegrown organic tomatoes, we actually make our own paste, make the ketchup, and then can it to preserve it until we need it.
- This ketchup will last about a month in the refrigerator.
Please leave us a comment on our Facebook page letting us know how you liked it: www.facebook.com/ourorganichome
To receive our Organic Recipes and Organic Living Tips, sign up for our newsletter: