Most of the country is experiencing winter temperatures. When there is cold, wet, and dreary days, there is going to be cold and flu bugs everywhere!
If you’re reading our blog, more than likely you are using organic and holistic wellness measures instead of turning to synthetic medicine.
Today, we wanted to share two different holistic cold and flu busters that we use anytime we are feeling under the weather. We use two different recipes; one is primarily used for our two daughters, ages 4 & 6, and the other is for adults. Our first recipe is our Organic Get Well Tea that we make for the entire family, especially our two daughters. They both enjoy the taste of this tea and how good they feel after they drink it. Our second recipe is our Organic Soothe My Body tea that both of us drink. Whatever tea you choose to make, we know that you will enjoy how delicious they are and how well your body feels after you are finished drinking it.
We have incorporated organic raw apple cider vinegar, cinnamon, and organic raw honey.
- Organic Raw Apple Cider vinegar offers many impressively extensive health benefits. To start with, it is packed with a wealth of vitamins, pectin, beta-carotene, and minerals. Apple cider vinegar is made out of fresh, ripe, high-quality apples that are fermented and passed through a rigorous process to develop the final vinegar product. It is stated that around 400 BC, Hippocrates, The Father of Medicine, used only two curative products for his remedial treatments, and one of them was the humble apple cider vinegar. The amino acids in apple cider vinegar are effective antiseptics and also work as antibiotics, whereas the acetic acid content present in the vinegar can aid in treatment of various fungal and bacterial infections.
- Organic Cinnamon’s most impressive health benefits include its ability to help manage diabetes, protect against fungal and bacterial infections, increase brain function, prevent certain cognitive disorders, improve digestion, boost the strength of the immune system. Cinnamon has a naturally warming quality, which has made it valuable for the treatment of the common cold and various forms of the flu for generations. This warming ability can help fevers “break” and also prevent the onset of chills or pneumonia in cases of bronchitis, due to its stimulating effect on the respiratory system.
- Organic Raw Honey is a great source of vitamins and minerals. Honey contains a variety of vitamins and minerals. The type of vitamins and minerals and their quantity depends on the type of flowers used for apiculture. Commonly, honey contains Vitamin C, Calcium and Iron. If you check the vitamin and mineral content in regular sugar from any other source, you will find it to be completely absent or insignificant. Honey has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties, so it is often used as a natural antiseptic in traditional medicines. Honey is loaded with antioxidants and contains nutraceuticals, which are very effective for the removal of free radicals from the body. As a result, our body immunity is improved against many conditions, even potentially fatal ones like cancer or heart disease.
- Thieves essential oil blend was inspired by the legend of four 15th-century French thieves who formulated a special aromatic combination composed of clove, rosemary, and other botanicals they used while robbing the dead and dying. Young Living’s one-of-a-kind Thieves blend, crafted in the spirit of that legendary combination, can be found in all of our Thieves products. When taken internally, Thieves supports healthy immune function*, and it includes Eucalyptus radiata essential oil, which may help maintain a healthy respiratory system. When taken as a dietary supplement, Thieves is an ideal complement to a daily wellness regimen.
- Organic Lemon health benefits include treatment of throat infections, indigestion, constipation, dental problems, and fever, internal bleeding, rheumatism, burns, obesity, respiratory disorders, cholera and high blood pressure, while it also benefits hair and skin care. Known for its therapeutic property since generations, lemon helps to strengthen your immune system, cleanse your stomach, and it is considered a blood purifier.
Now that we’ve covered all of the benefits of our cold and flu buster ingredients, it’s time to make your recipes!
With any of our essential oil recipes, we only recommend consuming Young Living Essential Oils due to them being the very best quality and highest grade possible. Young Living Essential Oils is the only essential oil company that plants, grows, harvests, and distills all of their own essential oils. You cannot beat their quality! Young Living backs all of their essential oils with their Seed to Seal guarantee.
We hope you and your loved ones will love our cold and flu busting teas! Please leave us a comment on our Facebook page letting us know how you liked:
You can purchase your Young Living Essential Oils here: http://yldist.com/rodmariawagner/
Our Thieves and Lemon essential oils both come in our Premium Starter Kit. If you are interested in purchasing the Premium Essential Oil Kit: https://wagnerswellnessoilers.com/learn-about-essential-oils/
To receive our Organic Recipes and Organic Living Tips, sign up for our newsletter:
With love from our family to yours,
Rod and Maria Wagner
**Our Organic Home does not claim to be medical professionals; statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not meant to be an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. When you have specific questions about a medical matter you must consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. You should not delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment as a result of reading any information in this website.