Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! It’s your chance to fuel your body with the very best nutrition to take on your day! Preparing whole organic foods for your meals instead of prepackaged processed foods will not only nourish your body, but it will also keep your body energized throughout the day.
We are always trying out new recipes to keep our breakfast’s fresh and exciting. There are far more choices in breakfast foods if you prepare your own food instead of processed foods.
There are a lot of variations to homemade oatmeal. Overnight oats, fruit and oatmeal, cinnamon oatmeal, and oats and nuts are just to name a few. Making your own oatmeal is also a fun way to involve your children in the kitchen. After you cook your oats, let them pick out their favorite toppings and decorate their oatmeal.
Organic Peanut Butter & Chocolate Oats
- 4 C Filtered Water
- 1 C Organic Steel Cut Oats (We like Bob’s Red Mill Quick Cooking Organic)
- 1/2 tsp Organic Cinnamon (We like Simply Organic)
- 4 tsp Organic Peanut Butter (We like Maranatha)
- 1 1/2 Scoops Organic Chocolate Vegan Protein Powder (We like SunWarrior Classic Plus Raw Vegan Chocolate)
- 1/4 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 tsp Organic Vanilla Extract (We like Simply Organic)
- 2 C Organic Mixed Berries
- Bring water and salt to a boil in a medium saucepan
- Add oats; mix well. Cook for approximately 25 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Remove oats from heat
- Add protein powder and peanut butter; mix well
- Top with cinnamon and mixed berries
We hope you and your loved ones will love this recipe. Please leave us a comment on our Facebook page letting us know how you liked it: www.facebook.com/ourorganichome
To receive our Organic Recipes and Organic Living Tips, sign up for our newsletter:
With love from our family to yours,
Rod and Maria Wagner
**Our Organic Home does not claim to be medical professionals; statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not meant to be an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. When you have specific questions about a medical matter you must consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. You should not delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment as a result of reading any information in this website.
*Recipe adapted from Autumn Calabrese