Happy Monday friends! We hope you had a wonderful weekend! We had our second Facebook Party on Sunday, it was a blast! We met so many people and had fun educating everyone on Essential Oils and gave away a lot of awesome prizes!
Today, we wanted to share with you our favorite homemade organic body butter recipe. Our recipe for Whipped Body Butter is the most luxurious and pampering lotion we have ever used! The combination of essential oils that you can use are endless! We will share a couple of our favorite combinations.
- 1 3/4 C organic unrefined shea butter – If you purchase it in a whole piece, you will need to shave the shea butter til you have 1 3/4 C (We purchase ours from Amazon)
- 1/2 C organic unrefined coconut oil (We purchase ours from Amazon)
- 1/4 C organic sweet almond oil (We purchase from Amazon)
- Sleep Soundly Blend — 20 drops of lavender; 10 drops of vetiver; 5 drops of sandalwood
- Energize Yourself — 20 drops of grapefruit; 5 drops peppermint; 5 drops wintergreen
- Intimatecy— 15 drops of patchouli; 5 drops of cedarwood; 5 drops of ylang ylang
- Shave and measure out your shea butter and coconut oil (which will be solid at a room temperatures below 76 degrees) and melt over medium-low heat in a double broiler, stirring constantly until there are no lumps left.
- Cool for about 30 minutes, then stir in the sweet almond oil and the essential oils of your choice.
- Cover the oil mixture and freeze for about 20-30 minutes, or refrigerate for 1-2 hours. You will want the mixture to start to solidify but not harden, you are looking for a consistency similar to softened butter.
- Transfer the mixture to your stand mixer (we use our Kitchenaid) and whip until soft and fluffy.
- Spoon into a clean glass jar and smooth over skin anytime you need extra moisture.
Not only is it cheaper to make your own organic personal care products, it is more nourishing to your skin. Sometimes people forget that their skin is their largest organ. We have to take care of our skin by using organic products the same way that we take care of ourselves internally by consuming organic food.
We hope you will love this recipe as much as we do! Please leave us a comment on our Facebook page letting us know how you liked it: www.facebook.com/ourorganichome
You can purchase your Young Living Essential Oils here: www.youngliving.org/rodmariawagner
To receive our Organic Recipes and Organic Living Tips, sign up for our newsletter:
With love from our family to yours,
Rod and Maria Wagner
**Our Organic Home does not claim to be medical professionals; statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not meant to be an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. When you have specific questions about a medical matter you must consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. You should not delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment as a result of reading any information in this website.