Today, during our daughter’s homeschooling session, we discussed and learned all about the four different seasons. Of course, they were both really excited when we discussed the Autumn Season! We started creating a season book for both of them. They had so much fun making the trees with all different colors of leaves, pumpkins, and acorns. They excitement grew as we talked about what kinds of adventures we take during the Autumn season. Of course, they asked if we would make them their favorite organic hot chocolate. They didn’t have to ask twice, we never say no to hot chocolate!
The last two days have been a little bit warmer (feeling like summer instead of Autumn) but that is not going to stop us from enjoying our favorite organic Autumn recipes.
You will first need to prepare your homemade organic hot chocolate mix and organic raw whipped cream. We have included the recipe below. Please continue to scroll to see the recipe for the Organic Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate.
Organic Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix:
- 1/2 C Organic Cocoa
- 1 C Organic Evaporated Cane Juice (We have also used Organic Raw Turbinado)
- Add the cocoa and sugar to a pint jar and give it a good shake to mix it well. You will now have hot chocolate mix at your fingertips!
Organic Homemade Whipped Cream:
- 1 Pint Raw Organic Cream
- 1 TBSP Organic Maple Syrup
- 1 tsp Organic Vanilla
- Place all ingredients in Vitamix and process until liquid turns to whipped cream. You can also whip this using a hand mixer or stand mixer – use whisk adjustment and place on high speed to whip. We like to put our glass food container in the freezer to ensure the whipped cream does not start to melt on us.
So, now that you have your homemade hot chocolate mix and homemade whipped cream, you are ready to make your Hot Chocolate!
Organic Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
- 2 1/2 C Organic Raw Milk
- 1/3 C Organic Homemade Hot Chocolate Mix
- 1/4 C Organic Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Organic Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/2 tsp Organic Vanilla
- Pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt
- Combine all ingredients to Vitamix or High Speed Blender; blend until combined.
- In a medium saucepan; heat hot chocolate
- Whisk your hot chocolate until you have reached your desired temperature
- Pour into mugs
- Top with whipped cream. Enjoy!
We hope you and your loved ones will love this recipe as much as our family does! It will satisfy your hot chocolate craving and also warm you up this Autumn season! Please leave us a comment on our Facebook page letting us know how you liked it: www.facebook.com/ourorganichome
To receive our Organic Recipes and Organic Living Tips, sign up for our newsletter:
With love from our family to yours,
Rod and Maria Wagner
**Our Organic Home does not claim to be medical professionals; statements on this website have not been evaluated by the FDA. This information is not meant to be an alternative to medical advice from your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. When you have specific questions about a medical matter you must consult your doctor or other professional healthcare provider. You should not delay seeking medical advice, disregard medical advice, or discontinue medical treatment as a result of reading any information in this website.