Good Morning Friends! We are so excited to share with you one of our favorite recipes!
We take pride in eating an organic, whole food diet! We love to experiment and make homemade goodies instead of store bought! Even though, you can purchase very good Organic Granola Bars at your local store, there is nothing like eating homemade!
Our homemade organic granola bars can be used as granola bars or as granola cereal, either way, they are delicious!
Homemade Organic Granola Bars
Serves: 3 pounds
Recipe adapted from Anson Mills
3 1/2 Organic Steel Cut Oats
1 Cup Organic Raw Walnuts
1 Cup Organic Raw Pecans
1 Cup Organic Unsweetened Cranberries
1 Cup Organic Unsweetened Shredded Coconut (we like Let’s Do Organic)
2 Teaspoons Organic Cinnamon (we like Simply Organic)
1/2 Teaspoon of Organic Nutmeg
6 Tablespoons of Organic Raw Butter
1/2 Cup of Raw Organic Honey (we like YS Bees Organic Raw Honey)
2 Teaspoons Organic Vanilla (we like Simply Organic)
1/2 Teaspoon Pink Himalayan Salt
1. Preheat your oven to 250 degrees. Cover a rectangle baking sheet with Parchment Paper
2. Mix the dry oats, walnuts, pecans, coconut, salt, cranberries, and all the spices in a large mixing bowl
3. Heat the butter and honey on low heat until the butter is melted, then add the vanilla
4. Pour the honey mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well
5. Spread the mixture onto your prepared baking dish and bake for 75 minutes.
6. The granola bars can be cut into squares for granola bars or you can break the granola up into bits for cereal. Store in a sealed container.
Your mouth will be watering waiting for these granola bars to bake and your home will smell amazing!!
If you are following the 21 Day Fix, one square counts as 1 Yellow Container.
We hope you enjoy this recipe and continue to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest!
With love from our family to yours,
Rod and Maria Wagner