We were making dinner last night, when our youngest daughter Madelyn asked for a banana. She said, “Mommy, I love bananas…and chocolate”! It dawned on us, that we should make frozen banana bites with chocolate. How dreamy right? Who doesn’t love a healthy treat?!
So, after we finished putting our dinner in the oven, we started on our frozen banana bites! This was another fun recipe that we created with our daughters! Both of our daughters just love helping out in the kitchen and we love making it a family affair! As much as everyone loved dinner (we had all organic salad, green beans, meatloaf, and sweet potatoes), we just couldn’t wait to try our nutritious treat!
- 3 Organic Bananas, cut into 1″ chunks
- 1/2 Bar of Organic extra dark or dark chocolate
- 1 tsp Organic unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 C Organic unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 C Organic Pecans, chopped
- Chop bananas into approximately 1″ chunks and place in the freezer for about 5 minutes
- In a double boiler, melt organic chocolate with organic coconut oil
- Chop pecans and measure out coconut flakes
- Dip bottom half of the bananas into the chocolate
- Dip chocolate covered bananas in either coconut or pecans
- After all banana pieces are dipped and covered, place back into freezer for approximately 1/2 hour, til chocolate is set
We hope you will love this fun healthy treat as much as we do. Leave us a comment on our Facebook page and let use know how you liked our recipe: www.facebook.com/ourorganichome
To receive our Organic Recipes and Organic Living Tips, sign up for our newsletter: