Our family had so much fun celebrating Memorial Day over the extended weekend! The weather was absolutely gorgeous and perfect for homemade organic raw strawberry ice cream!
We love creating and making new fun recipes for our family. Our organic raw strawberry ice cream was a huge hit with everyone!
Homemade Organic Raw Strawberry Ice Cream
- 3 C Fresh Organic Ripe Strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 4 TBSP Freshly squeezed Organic Lemon juice
- 1 1/4 C Organic Evaporated Cane Juice
- 4 C Organic Raw Milk
- 1 1/2 tsp Organic Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a small bow, combine the strawberries with the lemon juice and 1/2 C of sugar. Stir gently and allow the strawberries to macerate in the juices for 2 hours.
- Once macerated, strain the berries, reserving the juices. Mash half the berries.
- In a Vitamix or blender; combine the milk and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the reserved strawberry juice, mashed strawberries, and vanilla.
- Turn your ice cream machine on; pour the mixture into the freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened, about 25 minutes.
- Five minutes before mixing is completed, add the reserved sliced strawberries and let mix in completely.
- The ice cream will be soft with a creamy texture. If you prefer a firmer consistency, transfer the ice cream to an airtight freezer container and freeze for approximately 2 hours.
- Store your ice cream in an airtight freezer container.
We hope you will enjoy this recipe as much as we do! Please leave us a comment on our Facebook page letting us know how you liked it: www.facebook.com/ourorganichome
To receive our Organic Recipes and Organic Living Tips, sign up for our newsletter: