Easter doesn’t have to be about chemically-laden sugar overloads! Let us teach you how to survive Easter the healthy way!
We have your complete guide to a healthy and safe Easter! Secrets to creating a healthy Easter basket, healthy treat alternatives and homemade recipes.
One of our favorite Easter traditions is coloring eggs with our entire family! There is nothing better than sitting around the table laughing and talking while sharing our creative side!
Coloring eggs does not need to include toxic food coloring dyes! Have you read the ingredients to the conventional food dyes?? Take a look at this:
Pretty scary right??!! If you CANNOT pronounce it, don’t eat it! How about chromosomal damage, brain tumors, bladder tumors, hyperactivity, lymphomas, thyroid tumors, asthma, insomnia, allergies, aggression/violent behavior! All of these problems have been reported as an effect of using food dyes. We don’t know about you, but we want to do everything we can to help others avoid these toxic chemicals!
Let us give you a healthy alternative!
If you prefer to purchase an egg coloring kit versus making your own colors from organic fruits and vegetables, we strongly recommend Color Garden’s Egg Coloring Kit!
Color Garden pure natural food colors are 100% plant based. They are the safest alternative besides creating your own colors.
To create your own organic food dyes, you can follow our simple instructions:
For pink food coloring:
- 1/4 cup organic canned beets, drained
- 1 teaspoon drained beet juice from the can
For yellow food coloring:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon organic ground turmeric
For purple food coloring:
- 1/4 cup organic blueberries, fresh or frozen (if frozen, thaw and drain)
- 2 teaspoons water
For green food coloring:
- 1 cup organic spinach, fresh or frozen (if frozen, thaw and drain)
- 3 tablespoons water, plus more as needed
Let’s move onto creating ‘Healthy Easter Baskets’!
We choose to create our Easter baskets with items that our daughters can use throughout the year!
- Pencils, erasers, colored pencils, etc for school and craft time.
- Gardening tools, gardening gloves, gardening shoes, anything that will allow them to help you with outdoor chores.
- Some sort of a learning game whether it is a board game or an app for their iPad or LeapPad.
- Since we are not crazy about sugar (even though we only consume organic sugars), we include one of the Surf Sweets treats.
- A homemade treat like our Homemade Organic Peanut Butter Eggs! You definitely want this recipe!
Our daughters also love our Organic Peanut Butter Banana Bites!
We hope that our Easter guide has helped you to create a chemical free and healthy Easter for your loved ones!
Please leave us a comment below or on our Facebook page letting us know how you liked it and please share it with your friends: www.facebook.com/wagnerswellnessessentialoilers
With love from our family to yours,
Rod & Maria Wagner