Good morning Friends! We hope you are having a great morning!! It’s a beautiful, chilly Fall morning here today. It is the perfect day to talk to you about cleaning with Young Living essential oils! Your home will smell fresh like summer when you are finished.
We are very fond of Young Living Essential Oils. We use the oils for anything and everything. Young Living essential oils are the highest quality, therapeutic grade essential oils on the market! You will find that once you start using them, you will find any and all ways to add them into your daily lives.
Our favorite Young Living essential oils to clean with are: Lavender, Lemon, Thieves, Purification, and Pine.
Lavender – Is such a wonderful, sweet smelling, calming oil! Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it.
- Dryer Sheets – We like to add a few drops to a wet sock or wash cloth to use as a dryer sheet before putting clothes in the dryer. You will never purchase store made dryer sheets again.
Lemon – Where do we start? Lemon has a strong, purifying, citrus scent that is revitalizing and uplifting. Lemon has so many uses and is one of the most economical oils there is.
- Jet Dry – We add a couple drops to about a cup of white vinegar and use it in the the dishwasher in place of jet dry.
- Window cleaner – Add approximately 15 drops to 1 quart of vinegar and pour into a spray bottle.
- Produce Wash – Add a few drops of lemon to white vinegar and spray residue off of produce. Even though we eat an all organic diet, we still wash all of our fruits and vegetables, and you should too. 🙂
- Lemon makes an excellent grease-cutter, and is great at removing sticky stuff off of surfaces and clothing. We have even used Lemon oil to remove dried silicone from clothing.
Thieves – Thieves makes your home smell like Christmas. Thieves® was created based on research about four thieves in France who covered themselves with cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics while robbing plague victims. This proprietary essential oil blend was university tested for its cleansing abilities. It is highly effective in supporting the immune system and good health.*
- Diffuse – Diffusing Thieves in your home diffuser can purify the air in your home and rid your home of stale air.
- Baby wipes – Cut a roll of paper towels in half, put in a container. Add 1 cap filled with Thieves Cleaner and 2 cups of water. Allow to soak for at least an hour. Pull out from middle to start using your homemade, healthy wipes.
- Laundry Detergent – We add a few drops of thieves to our laundry to help sanitize, deodorize, and clean our dirty clothes. We only use 100% natural laundry detergent without perfumes and dyes.
Thieves Household Cleaner – The improved Thieves® Household Cleaner has increased cleansing power and an even safer, more sustainable formulation. The new formula contains ingredients from renewable plant and mineral sources, vegetable-based surfactants compliant with the Green Seal and EPA Design for Environment (DfE) standards, and even more Thieves and lemon essential oils for extra cleaning power.
- We love using the Thieves household cleaner on our granite counter tops, our stove, the inside of our refrigerator and freezers, our sinks, and our bathrooms.
- Dilution ratios: light degreasing 60:1; medium degreasing 30:1; heavy degreasing 15:1; floors 100:1; walls 30:1; upholstery, fabrics, carpet spotting 40:1; carpet 100:1; glass 320:1; pots and pans; 100:1 hand cleaner 1:1.
Purification – Air Purifier
- Keep your home smelling fresh and clear of stale air with healthful air purifying solutions by diffusing Purification. Spray the house with homemade air fresheners and convenient to purify the air in your home without chemical-laden aerosol fresheners. We add 5-6 drops of Purification to an 8 oz Glass bottle of water for our homemade air freshener!
Pine – The scent of pine is universally associated with clean! Pine has a refreshing, invigorating aroma.
- Pine is a very effective deodorizer, and has traditionally been used in floor cleaners. To make our homemade floor cleaner, we add 8-10 drops to a gallon of white vinegar. Pine is amazing at cleaning and sanitizing your floors! We use a gallon of white vinegar because we have a lot of porcelain tile in our home. We have all real wood Hickory hardwood floors in our living room and have found the solution to be completely safe for use on them. If you’re using on hardwood floors, please test a small spot before using.
We would like to note that we use E-cloths to do our cleaning with. There is an e-cloth made for appliances, stove, refrigerator, mirrors, counter tops, etc. They work so well and are easy to take care of! When you are finished cleaning, just throw them in your washing machine to clean. There is also an e-cloth mop as well.
As you can see, the list goes on and on for using essential oils in place of chemical filled cleaners. Be sure that you use a glass spray bottle as essential oils will disintegrate plastic.
We hope you have enjoyed learning about cleaning with essential oils!
You can purchase your Young Living Essential Oils here: www.youngliving.org/rodmariawagner
If you have any questions on cleaning with Young Living Essential Oils, please connect with us on our Facebook page at: http://www.facebook.com/ourorganichome
With love from our family to yours,
Rod and Maria Wagner